Friday, July 08, 2005

Wynn's Rip-off Hotel


Thought I would get another post up since it's been nearly 10 days. I finally got to go see the Wynn hotel on my brother's last night here in vegas. I was dissapointed. It was not so grand or amazing like I had been lead to believe by the hype. Everything was overpriced ($24 for a ferrari ceramic mug, $8 for a rum&coke) for just okay quality and service. None of the employees seemed to smile. Nothing really seemed new or ground breaking to me. The ferrarri's were the best part. However, the showroom was roped off from the gift shop, and the lights shut off.. WTF, can't they at least turn the freak'n lights on so we can see the damn cars?

We watched the water display, while content with the soft-core presentation of the spanish dancer in her thong, the giant bulbous head that sprung forth from the water was greatly out of place and distracted from the overall presentation (sorry fisher). Plus in order to go outside to see the show there was a rip-off 1 drink minimum of Way over-priced alcohol.

We stopped at an overpriced store called Gizmos which had varios techno geek stuff. The store did have a lot of Ipod fad-ware stuff, but otherwise they had a small selection of crappy digicams and novelty junk one would normally get through a mail-order catalogue.

Even the landscaping was dissapointing. The large water wasting waterfalls were built very cubic to give a very non-natural look. The Wynn's real trees were planted in a very repeatable pattern that was very un-natural and made the whole place look hokey. They also had Astroturf out front. Can you fucking believe it, Astroturf? Not even the nice looking synthetic grass that is widely available. The mirage did a way better job landscape wise.

Overall I had the feeling I just watched a very hyped up movie that turned out to be very mediocre, which made it that more dissapointing. I give the Wynn hotel a C- rating.

8 comments:

Bradley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bradley said...

I do like the look of the building from afar. But there just seemed a lack of quality. just no special touches. And the workers just looked like they didn't want to be there.

Kat said...

i can't get over the sign. no really, i can't. no matter who designed and/or lubed it.

Cladeedah said...

Brian's mom went to the SW Steakhouse this weekend and was also very disappointed. Too bad..

Shannon said...

I liked the flower balls in the entraceway, but it was mirage and bellagio-esque. I was expecting something a little more unique and innovative.

Personally, I liked the astroturf.

Kat said...

if greg had never started a blog, brad would hold the record for "shortest live blog time before becoming a hobo-blogger"

Bradley said...

Hey, what can I say? I don't live an exciting life like all of you big time bloggers. I'm not just going to post another day raising a baby.

I'll try to keep the blog living for you kat ;)

Kat said...

thanks brad. you get bonus points for that!