Monday, August 01, 2005

A Mural is Born!

Yay! Donovan's Mural is finally completed. Celestia came over this morning and back again tonight. As of 10:30pm the mural is completed. She put in a LOT of work. Vanessa and I both are very impressed. Even Donovan has been admiring the mural yelling "CAUURRR! CAUURR!" and pointing.
This wall is my new favorite of the mural. It includes a pack of beavers building a damn, a school of fish taking the bus to school, and a frog in a helicopter. The darker green portion of the mural on the lower half is a spray on chalk board for Donovan to draw on. It's nice and fresh in the photo. I'll be breaking it in tomorrow by rubbing chalk all over it, so I thought I'd get a nice crisp photo before then.
This photo shows the closet side of his room including the Pig policeman holding his Starbucks and donut. We got some wood letters from wall-mart to spell his name out as seen in the second photo. We'll probably be adding somthing to each side of his name like his hand-print and foot-print.

5 comments:

Kat said...

that turned out awesome!

Shannon said...

Kick ass! I love the pig and the starbucks.

Cladeedah said...

Ahahahaha! Love the cop joke! You should paint one of those watch me grow ruler-thingies on too!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I'd love to see a close up photo of that pig, if you get a chance.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

i want one!!!