Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Journey concert was about 3.5 hours long with an intermission. They played a lot of their new stuff which wasn't nearly as thrilling as the 30 minutes of classic Journey songs they played. Vanessa and I think that the band must have a sore spot for the Steve Perry classics and didn't seem to want to let the "Perry Imitator" out to use his great voice except for their obligatory classic Journey songs. The music was VERY loud at the Aladdin both times I've been there. Journey did sound pretty good, way better than the Spellbinder we saw there a couple of weeks prior.

I think im getting better at this concert thing. I didn't have the usual testosteroneal urge to jump on-stage and savagely beat the performers to death. Maybe it was because we were up on the balcony and couldn't make out the performers faces. That and the lead singer had dance moves that were very akward and effeminate, reduced the urge.

6 comments:

Kat said...

thanks for telling us they only played 30 minutes of the good stuff - i was afraid of that, which is why i didn't go.

Cladeedah said...

Lucky..

Shannon said...

Am I the only one who doesn't like Journey? Wait, did they sing Sister Christian- I like that one.

Kat said...

sister christian was done by night ranger. oh god i am so ashamed to know that.

chhhhmotorin'!

Cladeedah said...

I think shannon knew that - I'm pretty sure she told me that before.

Mark A. said...

"Steve Perry!"

"Come on...no more Journey references"