Saturday, June 25, 2005

So I had arthoscopic surgery on my right knee last thursday. Unfortunately they found out my ACL is completly torn and could not just repair it. My doctor did repair my meniscus and shave off some parts that were flapping around in my joint.

The recovery really sucks. Cant walk around and lots of pain. I dont think my doctor perscribed enough pain meds. For my 400lb body I have the same prescription as Vanessa's 100lb sister after her surgery. So instead im taking the lortabs at a faster rate.

surgery sucks.

8 comments:

Cladeedah said...

Is that why you weren't at the party? I hope you're doing better.

Bradley said...

Yeah, I really wanted to go to the party but found out this monday I was having surgery on thursday.

I can almost walk now.. maybe tomorrow.

Cladeedah said...

Dang that sucks. At least you don't have to take time off from work. ;-)

Bradley said...

It would have been great to get to use my disability Pay at work for this surgery. But oh well.. Guess I'll have to suffer through unemployement.

Kat said...

i hope you're feeling better. heal fast.

brad has a blog! brad has a blog! *happy dance*

Shannon said...

Wow, that sounds completely painful. Good luck with the Loritab. So what's going to happen if they can't repair your ACL?

Bradley said...

feelin better yes. Im sure they can replace my ACL. just another surgery..
Nat's had both his ACLs replaced.

Anonymous said...

Actually I have had only 1 ACL replacement. The other was a meniscus tear. They replaced my ACL with a tendon from my hamstring. This is only one of a possible 3 options that I know of, the other two being cadaver and Patellar tendon.