Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You're Fired!

So my co-worker got the donold treatment and was fired today. I guess my company was nice though and let him go as a lay-off. Kinda strange to sit in the same office as the guy as he's packing his stuff and being exited out. He knew he was being let go since the begining of the month but for some reason he really wanted to stretch out his departure. like he wanted to stay in the office for a full day's work. Anyone else have experience with a fired co-worker?

-Brad Ward

5 comments:

Cladeedah said...

What'd he do, just out of curiosity?

I think our friend Mark might be looking for different work.

Bradley said...

There was multiple reasons they let him go. the main ones I think was that he didn't get along with the other poeple in the office, had bad performance, and was frequently tardy/absent.

Bradley said...

Mark's an engineer right? have him send me a resume and I'll pass it forward.

Shannon said...

My org fired someone recently because he wasn't doing his job (simply), and he was trying to pick up all the women in the org. He'd never be in his office, but rather flirting with the front desk girls, etc. Additionally, this is the same guy who was distributing Christian pamphets, etc to clients and co-workers.

So this guy freaked out, refused to give his keys back, and demanded to see the CEO of the org. He stormed out of the office without cleaning his desk or giving his keys back.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

when i worked at vista, the controller told me that i would be replacing the current hr lady that was getting fired that day. then as she was cleaning out her desk, my other coworker asked if I would help them carry the boxes down to her car and help her out. So in the end it was like i helped her clean out my new desk. it was very uncomfortable...