Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Building Guns

I've done a lot of work on my AK from its original state. Here's what I recall doing:

1. Taken off the furniture (wood) reshaped it stained it and finished it.
2. Polished the charging handle to silver instead of black
3. Replaced pistol grip
4. Replaced folding stock (after it broke)
5. Added a blackjack recoil buffer
6. Replaced the fire control system
7. Added a piccatinny railed side scope mount
8. Added an Eotech Red dot scope

I've had a lot of fun messing around with it adding and changing things to more customize it to my wants. I'm interested in building an AR possibly from the ground up and also interested in putting together an AK pistol kit. I'd sure like to find someone interested in building such guns but who's not nutty.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yes, but can you listen to Internet Radio on that thing?

Cladeedah said...

Pssht! I heard it can't even play DivX files.

Bradley said...

But if I strap my HTC 8525 to the piccatinny it can do all of that and more!